WACO, TEXAS (March 11, 2016) – As part of the RRAC's commitment to the NAIA Champions of Character program, the conference recognizes student-athletes from member schools that have exhibited a high level of scholarship, sportsmanship, integrity, responsibility and community service. One student-athlete is selected each week based on their character and commitment to their schools and communities. Our Lady of the Lake University's (OLLU) Christian Wood-Dvorak is the fifth to be recognized for the 2016 spring semester.
RRAC Character Athlete of the Week
Christian Wood-Dvorak, Our Lady of the Lake University
Sport: Men's Basketball
Hometown: Hallettsville, Texas
Major: Criminal Justice
Champions of Character Qualities/Activities:
- Teaches a wellness class at a retirement home.
- Spends time volunteering with his little brother's football team to guide and instruct.
- Leads all home games in prayer prior to tipoff.
- Has educated children at his church through basketball and football.
- Officiates games for youth leagues.
- Participates in other community service projects throughout the year.
- Serves as a captain on the OLLU basketball team.
- Attends all classes and participates in all practices.
- Shows respect in everything he does including when calls don't go his way on the court.
Future Plans: Wood-Dvorak plans to go to graduate school and pursue a Master's in Exercise Physiology as a path to becoming a strength and conditioning coach at the collegiate level.
Coach's Perspective: (OLLU Men's Basketball Coach Ryan Wall) "I am very proud of this young man. His work ethic and toughness are rare these days. He does a great job on and off the court with being a leader. It will be very hard to replace him as a student-athlete next year. I love this young man and hope nothing but the best for his future in whatever it brings."