KANSAS CITY, MO. (Feb. 27, 2018) – Our Lady of the Lake University (OLLU) dropped to No. 15 in the 2017-2018 NAIA Division I Women's Basketball Coaches' Top 25 Poll, the national office announced on Tuesday. The Saints were 14th in the last poll released Feb. 13.
Shawnee State holds the No. 1 spot.
OLLU is joined by No. 12-ranked LSU-Shreveport in the Top 25 poll from the Red River Athletic Conference. In the conference poll, LSU-Shreveport is first, followed by OLLU in second.
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000):
- The Saints are ranked 1st in the NAIA in scoring offense/game (88.767), turnover margin (10.933) and in total scoring offense (2663); fifth in total steals (383); sixth in stea;s/game (12.767) and scoring margin (17.867); seventhin 3-point field goals percentage (.369( and field goal percentage (.453); and eighth in total 3-point field goals made (240); Quintianna LeShore (SR/Indianapolis, Ind.) is 10th in field goal percentage (.549).
- Shawnee State's only losses came at the hands of Taylor University, Indiana Wesleyan and Bethel early in the season.
- There was only one team that joined the Top 25 this week: No. 21 Martin Methodist.
- Oklahoma City holds the longest active streak in the Top 25 with 245 total appearances dating back to 1997-98 school year.
- Union and Vanguard are the only programs to have spent an entire season ranked No. 1 (Union: 2007-2008, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011) (Vanguard: 2005-2006, 2006-2007).
- -Union leads all NAIA school with 53 No. 1 rankings. Oklahoma City is second with 50 and Vanguard is third with 44.
- -The final regular-season Top 25 poll will be released Wednesday, March 7 in conjunction with the championship bracket reveal. The live video announcement will begin at 6 p.m. CDT on the NAIA Facebook page.
- The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences, Association of Independent Institutions and Unaffiliated Groups.
- The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
- The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team's ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the team appears on.
- Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered "receiving votes."
- The frequency of polls occurs bi-weekly. This policy was approved by the National Administrative Council (NAC) for the 2016-17 academic season. This change will allow raters the opportunity to consider a larger body of work in between rating periods.
- For the complete ratings calendar, click here.
2017-2018 NAIA Division I Women's Basketball Coaches' Top 25 Poll – No. 5 (Feb. 13)
|RANK||WEEK||SCHOOL [FIRST PLACE VOTES]||RECORD||POINTS|
|1||1||Shawnee State ||27-3||219|
|14||24||Science & Arts||26-4||125|
|15||14||Our Lady of the Lake||22-8||122|
Dropped from the rankings: No. 23 Bethel
Others receiving votes: Bethel 48, Baker 32, Providence 24, The Master's 17, Cumberland 9, Mid-America Christian 7, William Penn 6