BILLINGS, MONT. (March 16, 2019) – The Our Lady of the Lake University (OLLU) women's basketball made history yesterday after defeating Wayland Baptist University and advancing to the round of eight for the first time in program history. With the 89-84 first-round win over Loyola and the 96-93 round of 16 win over Wayland, the Saints will play Campbellsville University later today at 7 p.m. Campbellsville advanced to the round of eight by defeating Providence 89-84 in the first round and Talladega 74-56 in the round of 16.
- Ranked 12th in the NAIA Coaches' Top 25 Poll
- No. 1 in NAIA in scoring offense (91.727/3027)
- No. 2 in NAIA free throw percentage (.780), turnover margin (9.242); No. 4 in 3-point fg% (.374); No. 4 in scoring margin (21.909), 3-point fgm (280), total steals (465); No. 5 in steals/game (14.091), total 3-point fgm/game (8.485
- Captured the RRAC regular season and tournament titles
- Made the top 25 poll every year since 2012-2013
- Made the national tournament every year since 2011-2012, reaching as high as the second round
- At the conclusion of the 2017-2018 season, Head Coach Christopher Minner had the second highest winning percentage than any other women's basketball coach in the NAIA at .809. He now has a winning percentage of .811
- First matchup against Campbellsville
- Ranked second in the NAIA Coaches Top 25 Poll
- No. 1 in NAIA in total assists (720/20.571
- No. 2 in NAIA in scoring offense/game (85.80), total steals (509), total scoring offense (3003); No. 3 in scoring margin (24.914), turnover margin (8.943); No. 4 in fg% (.458), steals/game (14.543), assist/turnover ratio (1.309);No. 9 in offensive rebounds/game (15.371)
- Captured the Mid-South Conference Regular Season and Touranment
- 27th appearance at nationals – an NAIA record
- Made it to the round of 16 at nationals last year.
The two teams, part of the Liston Bracket, will play on Saturday, March 16, at 7 p.m. central. OLLU is the third seed, while the Tigers are the first seed.