|Our Lady of the Lake (Tex 28-6||27||17||21||29||94|
|Campbellsville (Ky.) 33-3||17||17||23||31||88|
|Mar. 16, 2019|
|Our Lady of the Lake (Tex||Indv. Leaders||Campbellsville (Ky.)|
|#5 Patience Okpe - 22||Points||#13 Savannah Gregory - 23|
|#25 Destinee King - 12||Rebounds||#40 Madison Faulkner - 10|
|#5 Patience Okpe - 6||Assists||2 Players (#20,#30) - 5|
|Our Lady of the Lake (Tex||Team Statistics||Campbellsville (Ky.)|
|58.5% (31 - 53)||Field Goals %||48.4% (31 - 64)|
|47.4% (9 - 19)||3 Point Field Goals %||30.8% (8 - 26)|
|85.2% (23 - 27)||Free Throws||69.2% (18 - 26)|
|4||2nd Chance Pts||16|
BILLINGS, MONT. (March 16, 2019)– Our Lady of the Lake University (OLLU) women's basketball continues its historic run at the NAIA National Championship Tournament after defeating No. 2 ranked Campbellsville University 94-88. The round of eight is the highest the women's team has played in in program history, and on Monday, they will play in the semifinals Oklahoma City University (32-4).
The semifinals will take place on Monday with the first game starting at 7 p.m. central time featuring national champion Freed-Hardeman and Montana Western at Metra Park in Billings, Mont. The Saints will play the second game at 9 p.m.
Head Coach Christopher Minner commented, "We shot the ball better today, which helped. We made free throws when we needed to. It was a crazy ending but we pulled it off. We need to clean up our turnovers and defense, but we are still playing. If we continue to play hard for 40 minutes, we are pretty tough. We need to rest up tomorrow and get ready for Monday night. This special season continues."
This is the first time the two teams have faced each other.
- The Saints held a 15-point lead halfway through the fourth quarter. A furious comeback by the Tigers fell just short as OLLU advances to the semifinals.
- Four Saints scored in double figures, with Patience Okpe (22) and Kasey Saldana (at right) (21) scoring over 20. Saldana needed just two tonight to earn her 1,000 career point. Okpe's 22 points was a season high. Destinee King, who has had a double-double in each game of nationals, finished with 18 points and 12 rebounds.
- Lena Wilson, who fouled out early in the fourth quarter, added 14 points.
- The Tigers also had four players in double figures with Savannah Gregory scored a game-high 23 points. Madison Faulker had an 18-point, 10 rebound double-double.
- Our Lady of the Lake shot 58.5 percent from the floor and 47.4 percent from 3-point range.
- The Saints outscored the Tigers in the first quarter 27-17. In the second quarter, it was tied up at 17. The Tigers took the third and fourth quarters, 23-21 and 31-29.
- The Saints' bench contributed 17 points, while the Tigers added 22.
- The largest Saints lead was 16, and Campbellsville led only by one.
Inside the box
The Saints went 31-of-53 from the field for 58.5 percent, 9-of-19 from 3-point range for 47.4 percent and 23-of-27 free throws for 85.2 percent. Campbellsville shot 31-of-64 from the field for 48.4 percent, 8-of-26 from 3-point range for 30.8 percent and 18-of-26 from the charity stripe for 69.2 percent.
The Saints forced 21 turnovers, while committing 25.